Sunday, November 27, 2005

Worshipping God

"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." - Psalm 100

This Thanksgiving I was blessed to have all my children, son-in-law and granddaughter at our home for the holidays. This morning as I sang praises to the Lord during our services at the McKnight Road Church of Christ I was keenly aware of how blessed my family has been this past year. Given the fact that both of my daughters suffered near fatal injuries this past year and that both were present to sing "Blessed Be the Name of the LORD" this morning with the church.....well, it does not get much better than that! I can truly say that I was singing with gladness and thanksgiving. I look forward to the time when all of God's saints will join in that everlasting chorus. Blessed Be the Name of the Lord!

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 29, 10:21:00 PM CST, Blogger Guatorean Daddy said...

It was such a great celebration, I even clapped during services. Now that's saying something!

 
At Wed Nov 30, 08:36:00 AM CST, Blogger Conni H. said...

It was awesome. Perhaps Jimmy put it best...."It was a happy party for God!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home