Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day Three of 40 Days of Purpose

“What Drives Your Life?” Warren lists 5 common drives in our lives:

1. Guilt
2. Resentment and Anger
3. Fear
4. Materialism
5. The Need for Approval

We have all probably been driven by all these forces in our lives to some degree or another. It would be worthwhile to think through what has been behind the various accomplishments and failures in our life. What role did each of these play in bringing us to the point we are in our lives right now? But more important than this self-examination is the determination to be driven by the purposes of God that will free us from all five of these drives. With God’s purposes at work in my life I am free from guilt for I am forgiven. I can overcome resentment and anger for I can forgive others. I don’t have to be driven by fear, for love drives out fear and I am at peace with God. I don’t have to be driven by materialism for I know it is God who owns it all and I am destined for an inheritance in eternity. I won’t be driven by the need for approval for God’s grace has given me approval even in my sin to be called his child. Wow! Show me your purpose for me, God!

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home