Saturday, September 30, 2006

Diversity in the Churches of Christ in St. Louis

This morning I attended a conference at the West Central Church of Christ for those interested in the subject of bridging the gap concerning diversity in the churches of Christ in St. Louis. The speaker was Dr. Jerry Taylor, who is an associate professor at Abilene Christian University ("ACU"). Dr. Taylor, who prefers "Jerry", was also the keynote speaker at the Christian Family Services, Inc. dinner on Friday night. Jerry did a remarkable job of cutting to the heart of the issue that we are all one in Christ Jesus. His deeply thought provoking words were a challenge to all of us to open up doors of communication to discover ways we can serve together the needs of those who are less fortunate. This was my first time to visit the West Central Church and I hope will not be the last.

I had this picture taken of me and Jerry (he is the good looking one on the right) to send to my son-in-law, Klint Pleasant. Klint used to coach the men's basketball team at ACU. Jerry and he were compatriots when Klint was at ACU. It is humbling to know the older that I get that I am now simply known as "Klint's father-in-law" in many circle's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home