Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Second Week Firsts

It may appear that I have forgotten my blog, no not forgotten, just crowded out in the flurry of activities. I realized that my second week here was extra busy because it was the first week. That is, it was the first week of the month, along with some other firsts. The first week of the month includes the Area Preachers Meeting, the Youth Ministers Meeting, the Deacons Meeting, the Elders Meeting, Room at the Inn, Missions Committee Meeting and the Saturday Prayer Meeting. It was also my first meeting with the Men’s Morning Bible Study group, first official staff meeting, Monday night basketball (this was a mistake!) and Worship Committee meeting. It was also my first time since moving back to visit Barnes Hospital. Now I am not complaining, and it really offers little excuse for being so slow in getting my blog out this week, but in reviewing the week I understand why I feel a bit overwhelmed. Now we could go on with this list of firsts for the past week, some more exciting than others, like the first time to rake leaves since returning, the first time to see a Razorback game in a long time – and what a game knocking off #2 Auburn, and the first time since moving away to witness that wonderful crazy spirit only understood in St. Louis when the Cardinals make it into the playoffs. I must also include the firsts of meeting more brothers and sisters for the first time and being impressed again with the amazing spiritual family God has given us all over the world. If you are reading this and not a member of the Family, I highly recommend it and encourage you to join! But there is a first that outweighs them all in this second week, and I must admit that it came with a wide range of emotions. For the first time this father received the announcement from one of his daughters that she was engaged. Now that is an exciting first! Although they have constantly been in my prayers, for the first time I began to pray for the engaged couple of Alisha and Darren and their approaching wedding – May God bring to their marriage the joy of discovering daily the power of love that binds a Christian husband and wife to a life-long covenant with one another.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home