Sunday, October 15, 2006

Raising My Eben'zer




12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Jesha'nah, and called its name Ebene'zer; for he said, "Hitherto the LORD has helped us." I Samuel 7:12

Yesterday I stood upon the rock at Inspiration Point at Camp Neotez at our Family Weekend retreat and took the above photos. This particular spot has been a mountain top high experience for me throughtout my lifetime. I have stood here as a young man long before I met my wife. Sue and I have stood here when we were dating. I have stood here with my children as they grew up and turned into adults. Yesterday I stood here on my 55th birthday thanking God for the way that he has helped us. Samuel raised an Ebenezer stone. It was a mile marker on his journey of faith of what God had done for him and the nation of Israel. This is my Ebenezer post. God has heard my prayers and blessed me, my family and my church beyond my abilities to forsee his kingdom being played out in the lives of those around me. I can declare in faith that God has helped us. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

2 Comments:

At Sun Oct 15, 02:25:00 PM CDT, Blogger Guatorean Daddy said...

amen and well put. Yesterday was my first time at that spot. Walking up that path, I knew this is a place that will be part of our family for many years.

 
At Sun Oct 15, 10:50:00 PM CDT, Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

Love the pics...thanks!
Klint

 

Post a Comment

<< Home